The first day of fall isn’t until September 23rd, so this month holds on to the last days of summer while also getting Alaskans back into some shorter days and cooler weather. Here are some great ideas on how to spend your time this month!
- Catch the Northern Lights. Our true Alaskan, aurora borealis night skies are back!
- Alaska Railroad. If you haven’t taken the train to Fairbanks yet, it is an absolute must! It will be even more gorgeous when the leaves start changing color and you get a great view of Denali.
- Glacier Day Cruise. Spot precious wildlife and gorgeous glaciers by taking one of the many cruises available. In the fall, the most popular one is the glacier and wildlife cruise of Kenai Fjords National Park or Prince Williams Sound. Lots to see and at a less touristy time.
- Fishing. Just because it’s fall doesn’t mean you need to put your poles away! Imagine a gorgeous, crisp and colorful fall day fishing in one of Alaska’s many great fishing spots.
- Check out your local theater. We know that during the summer being outside is the best way to spend time, so we can assume it’s been a while since you went and checked out a show or musical.
- Exercise through our beautiful trails. Take your usual treadmill jog outside! There are so many beautiful areas to take in the scenery while also exercising. The mild temperatures will keep you cool and there will always be something to look at to help pass the time. Also, keep your eye out for lots of races to register for these coming months!