Summertime is in full force and in Alaska, we love taking advantage of all the outdoors (and daylight) we can during this beautiful time of the year. Why not make your backyard a fun and cozy place to hang out and spend your nights? You’ll love entertaining and hosting all the neighborhood campfires after you take some of these backyard sprucing up ideas.
- Update your patio furniture. If you have owned your patio furniture for a long time, maybe this is the year to get some new things. You may not need to buy a whole new set- consider changing out the cushions and pillows for a newer design and add in a fun outdoor rug to add some color. You will notice the difference!
- Plant more plants. Oh, what more greenery can do! Both pretty and functional, hanging plants or maybe creating a plant wall is a creative way to add in some privacy and give you something pretty to look at.
- Add in a fire pit. There are so many ideas out on the internet on how to make a fire pit yourself or you can take the easy route and buy a fire pit off the shelf. By making a DIY pit, it is making it a permanent fixture to your backyard and if you buy one from the store, you can move it inside for the winter months. It is all to your preference, but the outcome is the same – fun, cozy nights by the fire making s’mores!
- String lights. These are an absolute favorite and create such a cozy feel when added to a patio or yard. It’s hard to find a reason why not to add these into your outdoor decor!
- Have lawn games handy. An easy way to entertain friends or family is by having some lawn games handy – horseshoes, corn hole, kan-jam – you name it!
- DIY Backyard Bar – if you are a little more advanced when it comes to handy work, consider making a DIY bar this summer! Having an area designated for cold beverages all summer is a fun way to entertain guests and provides another area to hang out.