Recently we have seen a spike in the purchasing of new construction homes and properties to build on. With the creation of some new subdivisions around the Anchorage area, building new has become more popular and the realization that you can both build your dream home and choose your dream property to build it on has spiked many interests and demands.
For a lot of people, the debate between buying a pre-owned home or to build a new one is a tough debate to figure out. Since it seems to be a more popular demand lately, we want to weigh in on the benefits of a new construction home and what they are all about.
- A customizable home. You choose how you want things to be laid out and decide how they function. Builders have become more competitive and grant the ability to be able to customize the home and add in unique features – and there are so many choices! You literally are able to start from scratch to be able to create and design the home you have always wanted.
- An energy efficient home. One of the biggest upside to a newly built home is that they are more energy efficient than older homes. Between the materials that are used to build, insulation, and options for cleaner energy all boils down to a lower utility bill month to month. While the cost up front may be a little steep, a new home running on more energy efficient materials can end up saving you thousands in the long run.
- A home with less maintenance and repairs. As simple as that, a new construction home will be handed to you fresh and repair-free for the years to come. Since all the materials are new and the work has already just been done, you can plan on not having to do much to it in the near future.
- A modern house. New construction homes are built around the modern day lifestyle. You see more open floor plans, bigger kitchen islands for eating and entertaining, big windows to admire the beautiful landscapes outside, large master bathrooms and walk-in closets, more storage space and many options to enjoy the outdoor living space as well. Some existing homes were built decades ago and the floor plans don’t match up to modern day needs and wants. Also not to mention, new construction homes include more smart technology that accommodates modern day needs with less time spent trying to figure out the wiring.
- A house that you can enjoy right away. When you move into a new construction home, the only thing on your “to-do” list is to enjoy it and make it yours. After adding in your personal touches, you can sit back and relax while enjoying your new amazing amenities instead of spending your weekends at home improvement stores.