It is known that springtime is the busiest time in real estate. The weather is warmer, giving interested buyers a boost of motivation to go outside and physically look at homes, it coincides with children’s school year and it’s the season of better curb appeal with greener grass and blooming flowers.
Either way, springtime is a great time for both buyers and sellers. However, sellers do need to put in a little extra work if they want to be able to sell their home quickly and make their home stand out from the crowd. Here are a few ways how:
- Declutter – decluttering is always important. You want to give potential buyers a clean slate to look at. Now is the time to put away the knick knacks and make your decorating as minimalistic as possible.
- Wall color – if you have decluttered and still feel like your rooms aren’t giving off positive and clean vibes, it could be because of the wall color. Potential buyers are attracted to houses that have a more neutral paint job like white or light grey. Consider painting the walls in your house to make it feel more inviting and fresh.
- Open the curtains – it’s springtime! Let the sunshine shine in, to show off your homes interior beauty. Opening the curtains or getting rid of them all together can make rooms feel bigger and happier to potential buyers.
- Fresh flowers – take advantage of the beautiful flowers that are in season. There are so many colorful bouquets to choose from this time of year, why not use them to your advantage! The fragrance of fresh flowers will be inviting and they are an easy piece of decor for your table.
- Rid of winter odors – it happens to all of us. We are stuck inside all winter without much fresh airflow. On a warmer day, bring some fresh air inside and get rid of the staleness that winter has left. If it is more than just the need for fresh air, now may be a good time to get your carpet steamed cleaned, the floor a good scrubbing and fresh linens and blankets washed around the home!